Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Joys of Thrift Store Treasure Hunting

I love thrift stores! They are an incredible place to find items for sewing, scrapbooking, altered art, jewelry making and so much more. I enjoy it even more than going to craft stores because it's like a treasure hunt!
Yesterday I got over 15 yards of quality fabric, 2 vintage purses, a big bag of sheet music, some pin backs and a tin for my spools of thread for $30! That's a great deal! And the money goes to a good cause. It's a win~win situation. I can't wait to go back. They have new things all of the time. Although I was there for an hour and a half, I didn't get to go through the whole store because they were closing.
I'm just getting into altered art so I was very excited to find the sheet music. I can't wait to create! As soon as I incorporate my treasures into one of my creations, I will post pictures, so keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment