Monday, November 26, 2012

Vintage Rhinestone Shoe Clips ???


Does anyone know anything about vintage shoe clips?  I am a huge thrift shop junkie.  I spend my one day off hitting every thrift store in my area.  This summer I found a bunch of these clips at one of these local shops.  One pair had a tag from a nearby antique store.  The tag says "old shoe clips".   The backs of these matching clips are different.  In fact, they are different on most of the pairs that I found.  One has a bar and the other has 2 clips.


Does anyone have any idea if these really are shoe clips?  Or if the are something else?  I would appreciate any info anyone could give me on these.  Have a blessed day! ~Diane

2 comments:

  1. I don't think these are shoe clips. I think they are part of a vintage belt. My mother used to wear shoe clips all the time when I was a girl and they had very specific hooks like one of the items above. It could be that one of these is a shoe clip and the other one is a matching belt loop. Either way they are beautiful. I bet you could make some beautiful ornaments with these. I have a question about the Easy cast resin you mentioned in a comment on my blog. Could you please email me and let me know a little more about it like how hard it is to use etc. Thanks so much, and thanks for paying me a visit. little.miss.maggie@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Miss Maggie! I appreciate you taking time out of your day! I e-mailed you and if there is anything else that I can do to help, let me know.~Diane

      Delete