Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint I'm Lovin' It!



I have a confession to make.  I am totally in love with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and Waxes!  I have put aside my jewel tools for a bit and started playing around with painting furniture and other items, which I’ve wanted to do for 20 years, but couldn’t stand the thought of sanding, priming and painting.  Annie Sloan Chalk Paint is the perfect solution! I have a ton of items that I’ve been storing in my garage over the years that I thought would be perfect to paint and now I can finally put them to good use!  If you haven’t tried this paint, I encourage you to buy just one pot.  It is fantastic and that one pot will go a long way!  The waxes are like no other as well.  There is a learning curve with the paint and the wax, but once you get it, you really get it!  And it doesn’t take days or weeks of tears!  I am on my third project and it looks awesome!  Really professional in my opinion.  Let me know what you think.  I made this pedestal cloche from a cheese dome and a candlestick base.  I painted it with AS Duck Egg Blue and waxed with AS clear and dark waxes.  I made a little spanish moss nest and polymer clay eggs and VIOLA!

2 comments:

  1. ...oh yes! i ADORE annie sloan paints too!
    it is my very favorite, and is so user friendly ~ not to mention the wax goes on like a dream and feels sooooo smooth ~ LOVE IT!!!
    i wondered if anyone else was using her pretty colors to paint the accesories around their home with (or was it just me being nuts because of the cost ~ lol!!) but i do use it everywhere:)
    xo, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! You aren't nuts, Rosemary! I am very excited about being outdoors painting away the day this spring and summer!

      Delete