Friday, December 7, 2012

What Is Wrong With Saginaw, Michigan

I have lived in Saginaw County all of my life.  I have been in Saginaw Township for the past 20 years, after moving out of the city when I got broken into a couple of times.  Now, the same types of things are happening in the Township.  In fact, tonight, there was a murder 3 or 4 houses down from my aunt's house.  Saginaw is one of the most violent cities in America.  What happened to it?  Where did we fail?  I remember being at my aunt's as a child and we wandered all over the place.  It was safe!  Now, it's full of hood rats and gang members.  It makes me so sad to see the area that I live in going down hill.  How far away do I have to move to get away from the violence?  Why do I have to flee my home where I raised my child?

I am lost.  I don't know what to do.  I feel and have felt for the past few years that I should sell and move on, but there are just not enough hours in a day to get my house ready to put up for sale by myself.  I could try to recruit my family, but I feel guilty.  They have their own lives.

Somehow, some way I have to figure this out and soon.  Property values are dropping as I write this.  It's a terrible, hard decision that I have to make.  Today, I am sad!

No comments:

Post a Comment