Monday, October 8, 2012

What Color To Paint Freebee Dressers

A friend of mine had a couple of extra dressers from her father's estate and asked me if I wanted them for free!  We negotiated a bit, because I didn't think that free was fair to her, and came an agreement that I would buy them a couple of cocktails in return.  Her husband and son even delivered them!  So I bought them dinner as well.  They are such a sweet couple.  They are each others best friends and do everything together.  Something you don't see a lot of today.  Anyway, what was I talking about?  Oh yeah, the dressers.  One is mid-century modern.




And the other?  I don't know.  At first I thought it was handmade because of the shiny varnish finish, but there is a manufacturer stamp on the back.



It is HEAVY too!  Solid wood with dovetail drawers.  I am trying to figure out what colors to paint them and what hardware to use.  Trying to get a vision.  What color do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment