Monday, September 24, 2012

Chalk Paint Vanity Turned Entry Table

I found this cute vanity table at my local Salvation Army.  I wish I had taken before shots, because she was in ROUGH shape.  Nothing compared to what she is starting to look like now.   This table contains a lot of firsts for me.

I sanded the top down and filled the holes where the mirror was supposed to attach.  I used Cece Caldwell Simply White Chalk Paint on the lower portion and for the first time ever, I tried my hand at glazing.  I used Ralph Lauren Tea Stain Glaze.  Glazing is a lot more difficult than I would have thought, but I think that for my first time, it turned out okay.  Trying to avoid hard lines was the hardest part.  I waxed it with Annie Sloan Clear Wax.

Another first for me was using Webster's Chalk Paint powder.  I mixed it with Behr French Roast.  I was really happy with the way that it went on.  NO BRUSH MARKS!  I had to add a little more powder than the package suggested, but I love this color, so it was okay with me.  I distressed and waxed again.

This is what it looks like so far...




I am still waiting for the glaze to dry on the drawer so I can wax it and finish her up.  I am thinking of dark waxing the top as well.  Let me know what you think!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment