Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thomasville Tables Craigslist BARGAIN!

I found a sofa table and 2 end tables on Craigslist on Thursday.  The price was $50 for the sofa table and $50 for the 2 end tables.  I e-mailed the person and got no response.  I woke up Friday morning and the pieces were still there and better yet, they lowered the price!  It was $25 for the sofa table and $30 for the end tables.  I tried frantically to e-mail the seller ALL DAY!  Finally, I gave up.  I was getting dinner ready and while I was waiting for the grill to warm up, I finally got an e-mail from the seller!  I called her, set up a time, which gave me about an hour and a half to get dinner done, eat, and get cleaned up.

Off I went!  I stopped to get gas and then I got a little nervous.  A woman e-mailed me, but I talked to a man on the phone.  I had my pepper spray, but no one knew where I was going exactly.  So I called my son, in Denver, and told him where I was going unless I came up missing!  He laughed and called me a dork, but took the info anyway.  When I got there, to my relief, they were a wonderful, friendly couple in their late 40's that ran a day care.  I looked at her treasures and told her that I would take them.  As her hubby and I were loading them, she hollered to me, "You can have this one for $10 too, if you're interested."  It matched the rest of the tables and the varnish was peeling on top, but other than that, it was really nice.  I took that one too!  Four great solid wood Thomasville pieces for $70?!?  That's a Craigslist BARGAIN!







Excuse my messy house.  I swear, I haven't been home, except to eat and sleep, for a month or more!

I plan to use my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint on these and I can't wait!!  I am not sure what color yet, but  I am on vacation next week and ya know what I'll be doing??  Painting and soldering :)  They are my joy!  My happiness!  Strange, but true!

No comments:

Post a Comment