The upholstery was in great condition, just not my style. I didn't have the supplies for painting it that I found on the internet and being the impatient girl that I am, I decided to use what I have. First, I tried Design Master's Color Tool in Robin's Egg. Ummm NO! It's a cute color, but the spray made every little fiber stand out like crazy. Then I decided to try my Yudu screen printing inks. I would have liked to use a different color, but I had a ton of half opened bottles of black. Once you open them, it's really hard to get that nice consistency back. So, I went with the black.
I added quite a bit of water to them, but the paint was still a lot like cottage cheese! No worries though. I just dipped my brush in a container of water and then in the paint. I painted in a sort of cross hatch pattern to get all of the fabric painted.
It went on really well, except where I had spray painted it with the Robin's Egg. The fiber's still stick out like a sore thumb. It kind of looks like black wool with blue fibers. I will see how it looks after I put more coats on.
I hope that it dries fast because the clouds are rolling in and it looks like we might get some rain. I hope not, this is my only day off!!
On a good note, I got both of my French typography tables done!! If you need some great vintage images or just need some inspiration, check out The Graphics Fairy!
I am thinking of listing these on Craigslist later today. I just don't have anywhere to put them. Have a great day! See ya tomorrow!